32. The UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods may be the only exception. Although even this instrument is limited in scope and provides for a great number of reservations by the contracting states.
33. The English, French, Spanish and Italian version are available at UNIDROIT, Rome, the Chinese version is available at Legal Publishers and Distributors, Beijing, the Czech version is available at CODEX Bohemia, the Dutch version is available at Koninklijke vermande; the Russian version is available at International Centre for Financial and Economic Development, the Slovak version is available at Iura Edition.
34. Bonell, An International Restatement of Contract Law, 1997, Annex; Berger, Formalisierte oder schleichende Kodifizierung des transnationalen Wirtschaftsrechts, 1996, Anhang; Berger, Creeping Codification of the Lex Mercatoria, Annex.
35. Translations of the complete versions into Arabic, Farsi and Portuguese as well as of the text of the black letter rules into Indonesian are in preparation.
36. See contributions by Boele-Woelki (1996 at 652 et seq.), Boggiano (1996 at 219 et seq.), Bonell (1996 at 26 et seq, at 229 et seq., 1997 at 34 et seq., 1998 at 275 et seq.), Drobnig (1998 at 385 et seq.), Farnsworth (1998 at 397 et seq.), Ferrari (1997 at 451 et seq.), Fontaine (1998 at 405 et seq.), Furmston (1998 at 419 et seq.), Goode (1997 at 231 et seq.), Kahn (1998 at 519 et seq.), Komarov (1996 at 247 et seq.), Ramberg (1998 at 651 et seq.), and Rosett (1997 at 441 et seq.).
37. The UNIDROIT Principles for International Commercial Contracts: A New Lex Mercatoria?, Institute of International Business Law and Practice at the International Chamber of Commerce in Paris, 1994; Colloquium on the UNIDROIT Principles at the Universidad AutÃ?Â³noma de MÃ?Â©xico and the Universidad Panamericana in Mexico City, 1996; A new approach to international commercial relations: the UNIDROIT Principles of International Commercial Contracts, Inter-American Congress in Valencia, 1996; cf. also the papers presented at the Biannual 25th Conference of the International Bar Association in Melbourne, 1994; the papers presented at the Symposium 'Setting Forth the Law of Contract' at Miami School of Law, 1991, papers presented at the Symposia 'Alternativen zur legislatorischen Rechtsvereinheitlichung' (1991) and 'EuropÃ?Â¤ische Vertragsrechtsvereinheitlichung und Deutsches Recht'(1999) held at the Max-Planck-Institut fÃ?Â¼r auslÃ?Â¤ndisches und internationales Privatrecht in Hamburg.
38. Bonell, An International Restatement of Contract Law, 2nd ed., 1997; see also the remarks by Bonell in the preface to this second edition.
39. See the detailed bibliography in Bonell, An International Restatement of Contract Law, 1997, at 515 et seq. and the select bibliography on the internet site of UNIDROIT at ‹http://www.unidroit.org/english/principles/pr-bib.htm›.
40. Cf. American Journal of Comparative Law, Volume 40 (1992); Tulane Journal of International and Comparative Law, Volume 3 (1994); Tulane Law Review, Volume 69 (1995).
41. The CISG Web Site maintained by the Institute for International Commercial Law at Pace University - School of Law, New York at ‹http://www.cisg.law.pace.edu›.
42. Cf. Institute of International Business Law and Practice (ed.), UNIDROIT Principles for International Commercial Contracts: A New Lex Mercatoria?, ICC Publication nÂ° 490/1, 1995; cf. also Berger, Arbitral Practice and the UNIDROIT Principles for International Commercial Contracts, AmJCompL 1998 at 129 et seq.; Hill, A Businessman's View of the UNIDROIT Principles, Journal of International Arbitration 1996 at 163 et seq.
43. Bonell, The UNIDROIT Principles in Practice - The Experience of the First Two Years, ULR 1997 at 2 (8 et seq.), Bonell, Restatement at 120 et seq.; Bonell, Erste Entscheidungen zu den UNIDROIT Principles, Bull. ASA 1997 at 600 et seq.; Berger, Arbitral Practice and the UNIDROIT Principles for International Commercial Contracts, AmJCompL 1998, at 129 et seq.; Mayer, Die UNIDROIT-Prinzipien fÃ?Â¼r interntionale HandelsvertrÃ?Â¤ge, AJP at (499) 510; for a recently published award see ICC Award 8486, reprinted in: Clunet / Journal du Droit International 1998, at 1047 (1048).
44. Schlechtriem, UNIDROIT Principles (Einheitliche Prinzipien fÃ?Â¼r VertrÃ?Â¤ge) und Werkvertragsrecht, in: FS von Craushaar, at 157 et seq.
45. The UPICC have influenced the drafting of the Russian Civil Code, the Estonian Law of Obligations and the Civil Code of the Republic of Lithuania, cf. Bonell, International Restatement, 2nd ed., at 236 et seq.
46. Since 1994/95 the use of the UPICC was encouraged in all cases of the Moot. The competition of 1998/99 even included a contract which was solely governed by the UPICC.